Throbbing, Pressure, Nausea, Inability to Function
There are more than 150 causes of headache. With over 60 million people in the U.S. suffering from headaches, there aren't enough specialists to go around. ProMyHealth can help you and your doctor diagnose and treat your specific type of headache.
It takes a headache specialist 60 to 90 minutes to take a complete headache history. You can complete ProMyHealth’s Headache Questionnaire and create a customized narrative history and initial clinical impression for you to print out and give to your physician.
This section of the website also contains valuable information about treatment options for your specific headache type, how to find a specialist in your area, informative articles and links to other headache sites.
Compare your symptoms to those of common headaches
Find out how to manage your particular headache type
Answers to common questions about headaches
Did you know? A person who suffers from migraine headache is called a migraineur.
Facts about Migraines
- This year nearly 1 in 7 Americans will experience some form of migraine attack
- 1 in 25 Americans will have headaches at least 15 days per month
- Over the past 50 years, only one novel drug specifically for migraine has been approved for clinical use by the FDA
- Breakthrough drugs are typically funded by publicly-funded research investigators, but U.S. federally funded migraine research totaled only $19M in 2011
- The World Health Organization estimates that migraine is responsible for more lost years of healthy life in the U.S. than multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, ovarian cancer and tuberculosis combined